July 13, 2007

before I kick the can

Spending what has felt like days in random doctors’ offices this past week has given me a lot of time to myself, which I so nobly devoted to some casual deep thinking. I have come to the conclusion that I am not so great at the whole goal-setting thing. Minus the time I decided I was destined to tame a tiger and discover a new planet at the age of 7, I have never really written down any particular aspirations of mine. Come to think of it, I don’t have a whole lot of them to write down. BUT! Spending time with so many poor sick people has caused me to take a little bit closer look at what I want from my life. I mean, what if I just keeled over tomorrow? Would I get to Heaven (hopefully…) and think, “Crap! Why did I spend my life sleeping and watching re-runs of Grey’s Anatomy?” If I were told I had one year to live, what would I spend each day doing? I say…forget the diagnosis. Let’s do it now. So, ladies and gents, I give you my first list of Life Goals:

1. Skydive

2. Go to Italy

3. Own a Dog (white lab)

4. Fall madly in love

5. Run a marathon

6. Hike Mt. Timpanogos

7. Paint a picture I like

8. Learn a new language

9. Go skinny dipping

10. Find out how many licks it really takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

1 comment:

megan said...

Hey seriously, have you hiked Mt. Timp yet? I'm trying to round up people that want to hike it when the weather becomes decent...let me know chica!