July 17, 2007

over the river and through the woods

Roommate and I went tubing today. It’s really a quite simple process. You head to Big O and pay them $11.65 to blow you up a tire tube (oh and be warned…there’s no warranty on these), and then you shove and squeeze them into your back seat and head up the canyon. Don’t get me wrong…there will be complications. You must take two cars (thanks abbie). Here’s the procedure: drive both to the top, drop off tubes, drive both to the bottom, drop off car #2, drive car #1 to the top, floaty float float down the water, drop off tubes 1 and 2, drive car #2 to the top, drive cars 1 and 2 to the bottom, squeeze and shove tubes back into cars, drive home. WHEW!

Personal highlights of todays extravaganza:

1. Kristen not being able to figure out the car procedure. Ever.

2. Roommate getting stuck on a log, for a number of minutes.

3. Roommate hitting a bridge and flipping over.

4. Roommate getting sucked under by the current.

5. Roommate had a rough ride. :) But it was really entertaining for Kristen.

6. Kristen trying to wait for roommate by holding onto a log, causing a flip over, causing a tube/ croc catching race down the river.

7. Angry fisherman people. Too bad boys…nature is free for all.

8. The fact that I am talking in third person. I think I’ll stop that now.

9. Thinking I had the radio set to christian rock when we got in my car, telling roommate, “Um, I’m playing Jesus music,” then having Chris Brown come on full blast. Whoops.

10. Abbie: “Ahh! It’s so wet!” Well my dear, it is in fact a river. Made out of liquidy water.

11. The quilting fabric I tied on my head and pretended was a headband.

12. When Tiffany said, “Hitting the bottom with your bottom would hurt.” ….and hitting a large rock as she spoke. :)

13. The look on her face when #12 happened. Classic.

Okay, I’m sure there are more, but I’m done now.

No comments: