August 17, 2008

a rude awakening


Michelle (age 12) and I played a mean game of 20 questions last night. This particular round secured her win in the "Kristen's Favorite Human" competition:

Kristen: I'm thinking of a person.
Michelle: Are they dead?
Kristen: Yes
M: Were they a man?
K: Yes
M: Famous?
K: Yes
M: Politician?
K: Yes
M: President?
K: You are good at this game
M: Taft?
K: No
M: Van Buren?
K: No
M: Madison?
K: Are you guessing real presidents?
M: Polk? Harrison? Tyler? Fillmore? Buchanan? Adams? Johnson? Bush the First?
K: Seriously, are you kidding me?
M: Garfield? Grant? Hayes? Harrison? Cleveland?
K: I have no response to this.
M: Oh! Lincoln?
K: Yes, that would be the one.

What are they feeding 7th graders these days?

6 comments:

susette said...

Are you even serious? I couldn't even name that many and I am how old? Wow, smart cookie you got there.

susette said...

Oh, and welcome back. I have missed you so much. I am going to need another daughter very soon. Wanna be mine too?

Gene and Sheri Family said...

Just saw a pic of you on Natalie's blog!!! The first real pic I've ever seen of you...sheesh girlfriend....you are one BEAUTIFUL human!! :) I remember you being such a cute baby....now you look like Christy Brinkley...only better!! You really SHOULD post more pics of yourself...just sayin...:)

Unknown said...

I think they have to know all the states, presidents, and capitals in the 6th grade....so don't ask her any questions about those if you want to win!

Kate said...

Um, I know maybe about 10 presidents...and the ones I really know are on the currency....oh how the times have changed apparently.

Felt Family said...

Ok..yeah, I read your blog all the time, and seriously..what a genius. I thought that maybe I was smart with my 4 is ap history, nope I didn't those were all presidents. HA HA how funny!