September 22, 2008

my favorite season


Autumn.
It's the first day of Autumn.
I walk alone through the park today.
Crisp. Cool. 
Inhale.
Bright. Warm.
Exhale.
Sun rays dance on my skin.
Green. Blue. Red. Yellow. 
Intensity.
Have I seen color before?
A moment worth a thousand pictures.
A breeze kisses my face.
Laughter tickles my ears.
Roller blades, soccer balls, picnics.
Trees meet high above,
linking arms across my path.
Shade. Pond. Geese. Hills.
I smell, I see, I feel, I am.
The perfect day...
I finally found you.


4 comments:

Ryan Muirhead said...

wonderful.

Linsay Jarvis said...

yes, definately love fall too! I've already made a pumkin pie and eaten most of it myself. Although we don't get fall here in San Antonio, still in the 90s, ugh, so breathe in that crisp air for me!!

Michelle said...

wow. thats amazing.

Clay said...

Hi, find your post interesting and informative. I'll drop by again sometime. Thanks!