September 17, 2008

on my mind

1. The Carpool Lane: I have decided it is my new calling in life to teach Utahns the definition of a carpool lane and how to use one. I'll break it down for you... Double white line equals A WALL. You cannot drive through A WALL people.

2. Newscasters: Do they really need to come up with such clever links between two stories which are so blatantly obvious in their unrelatedness? "Dog owners around the country say they will make their voices heard by filing petitions." "Thanks Joanne. And speaking of filing things, a local nail salon was robbed today in West Valley." Can't they just say, "In other news, which has nothing to do with my previous sentence..."

3. School: If you decide one day to open up a college and you invite people to come and gain knowledge, let me go ahead and give you a heads up. If you try to shove 60 full grown humans into a dance studio and teach them some moves, or teach fine arts in an auditorium, your students will most likely throw their hands up and leave your school. Also, if you hire teachers which use words such as &,#, and $% when addressing one your students in front of a class and then send said student home early from class, that student may or may not use choice language back at previously mentioned teacher and again....quit school.

4. My Roommates: When one considers the prospect of living with two 18 year old freshmen in a 3/4 size studio apartment with 1 less bed than would normally be considered appropriate, one's spirits might seem a bit dampened. Not so for me I must say. I thought I hit the jackpot with roommate number one, but then roommate number two moved in and I think we might have to end up getting a triangle marriage or something equally vulgar and disturbing. I am in LOVE. Perhaps an excerpt from this week will help you love them too: I am walking through the toilet area (having no doors or shower curtain... I can't in good faith or technically call it a "bathroom") to go get in the rinse off station (seeing as how the water pressure is equivalent to a backyard drinking fountain's I can't in good faith or technically call it a "shower") and as I pass Courtney, she pulls down my pants. She laughs her face red and through fits of giggles spits out, "Oh my gosh... how embarrassing! I hate getting pantsed! Ha-ha!" I calmly pull up my knickers, turn to face her and say, "I believe you have forgotten that you are the one naked on the toilet right now." Yes, the number of inhibitions in our household has reached the negative digits.

5. Life: Yeah, I think I'm gonna go ahead and skip over this part.

6. The Up and Coming Presidential Election: I'm writing in Gob Bluth.

7. 3D Sidewalk Chalk. A-MaaaaaaZING!!
8. P.F. Changs: It's my new job. It is in the contract I signed that I am allowed to blog about the restaurant, on the sole premise that I first inform my readers that what they are about to hear is strictly personal opinion and does not reflect the views of the China Bistro in question. So, I would like to inform you, dear readers, that what I am about to write is strictly my own personal opinion and does not reflect the views of P.F. Changs. Well, actually I already said what I wanted to say, which was to simply to inform you that it was in deed in my contract that I couldn't blog about work, unless it came with a disclaimer. Oh! Wait, I do have one more thing to say here. Yesterday at work my trainer was giving me a test at the end of my shift. Question 6 was "Why is it important to know if customers are deathly allergic to certain ingredients?" My answer: "To protect the customer from illness and death and to insure they have a pleasurable experience. Also to protect the restaurant from legal issues." Trainer: "Close. But the main reason is that a P.F. Changs customer that is dead, is no longer a P.F. Changs customer. And we can't lose customers." I laughed. No one else did. It was not a joke.

9. And speaking of jokes, I am not going to finish this post now. Ba ha ha! Just kidding! Jokes on you!

9 comments:

Kate said...

Ha ha! Loved the post...um I am loving the ideas of these room mates. They sound right up my alley! And I am going to have to come and visit you at PF Chang's sometime. Are you at the one downtown??

AnneMarie said...

Your roommates sound fun and just like you. The PF Changs thing is hilarious! No one chuckled but you? People take themselves way to seriously.

Ashleigh said...

1. Amen Carpool lane. Could you also add that the carpool lane is not the extremely, fast, fast lane. While I alwalys drive well above the speed limit, you cannot get in the carpool lane and tail someone . . . that is reserved for the fast lane (which is the most left lane, but not the carpool lane). Niether is it appropriate to get in the carpool lane and drive the speed limit or less. That would be the slow lane (most right lane). People are generally in the carpool lane it go a bit faster than taffic will allow so move it or loose it buddy.
2.Newcasters: This is not a story . . . "We are standing outside the hospital where Fred was taken. No word on his condition, no word on anything, etc." Translation: I have nothing to do and absolutely no information, but I wanted to show you the hospital at night . . . isn't it pretty. I'm also an idiot for driving myself and the whole camera team out here for nothing really.
3. PF Chang's: I love that that is a disclaimer. I think that for fun I'm going to add that to my contracted employee contracts (yes I run a real business). Are you DT or in Orem? I'll call Kate and Lisa and we'll make it's a night you're there. What could be more fun.

Okay no more comments, except LOVE your roommates. My roommate right now seems to loose his sense of humor with stress, whereas mine seems to just get more obnoxious. . . . Have a good day.

Linsay Jarvis said...

hahahahahaa kristen, glad to get updated on your life! I sure miss ya, blog more often woman!

Ashleigh said...

I had to go back and comment because I totally forgot about the GOB Bluth for President. I just recently finished watching the whole 3 seasons (note: I'm devastated there wasn't more, though thrilled about talk of a possibly movie . . . I may write a letter to someone). This is my new favorite link . . . .

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/arrested-development-the-chicken-dance-collectio/2535975147

It's the chicken dance. I laugh out loud everytime. My girls love it and I even try to do it for them. Enjoy!

Ashleigh said...

Okay, so I'm officially enjoying this litte convo. Anyway, if I were skinnier I would claim the Lindsey, but it's not so good with big, fat legs. you guys are funny! We always loved the Muirheads, but I'm thinking the relationship could have been so much more back in the day.

Hailey said...

GOB BLUTH. How do you come up with this stuff? I was going to write in Buster. He has been in the army.

Hailey said...

I just want you to know that al during church today, all i could think about was coming home to read the rest of our blog because I had to leave while I was in the middle of it. I love you.

Emberton said...

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks