August 16, 2007

call me sydney bristow

I feel like I shouldn't admit this on the world wide web, but all well, here goes...

Back in the day, my brother Jared and I used to play a little game we liked to call "Nighttime Stalkers", which involved us driving around in the middle of the night in Blue Thunder (beautiful '91 Voyager mini van...love you) through the streets of Utah County, armed with only a couple bucks for gas and a phonebook. Why a phonebook you ask? Because how can you be an effective stalker without knowing where your subjects reside? Muahaha! We were sneaky evil. I am Batman...Jared Robin. (sorry buddy, that's what you get for not driving) Anyway, the basics of the game: Look up people from your life a long time ago (Elementary school teachers, old dentists, long lost classmates, etc. etc.) and go find out where they live. Pretty much that's it. You just see thier house and drive away. I know it doesn't sound too cool, but believe me it is a thrill! For some strange reason, I feel like I understand people better when I know where they live.

"Nighttime Stalkers" was only an update from "Tree Spies" which was formed by my friend Kirtley and I in the 3rd grade. We would climb up into the trees in the orchard behind her house with binoculars and the cordless phone. We'd spy through the windows of the neighbors' houses and after analyzing their current activities, we'd give them a call. Disguising our voices we'd say things like, "How are those Cheerios Mrs. Johnson?" or "Are you winning that computer game Joe?" Sometimes I am amazed I am not in prison right now.

Anyway, what I am getting at here in this eternal post is this: My fettish with CIA-ish hobbies has advanced to an entirely new level. If you have not played with Google Earth yet, you are missing out my friends, because it is so entertaining I could spend all day just looking at the rooftops of random buildings across the globe. Ever wondered how it would feel to fly from the top of the Empire State Building to the Eiffel Tower? Well now you can! You just type in any address on Planet Earth and you are taken right to it! I love technology so much! It's not even funny.



All I know is maybe Harriet the Spy should never have been written, because since I read it when I was 8, I have never been the same. Alias didn't really help the situation either. Dang entertainment...

Disclaimer: I am not a stalker anymore, I just like to look up cool places in Europe and stuff. The investigations ended long ago. In case you were getting worried. :) Hah!

1 comment:

megan said...

I think you were just creepy enough as a kid that we would've been friends....lol!