August 21, 2007

shoe paint

I have never been a huge fan of running. I absolutely love how I feel after a good hard run, but getting myself to go has been a challenge in the past. I have had to tell myself over and over, "Kristen, you LOVE running! Now get up off of your pettooty and get out of here!" This rarely works. My brain is just too smart. It knows when I'm lying. Luckily, I no longer have to fight with myself. My fate has begun to change, all thanks to one important invention: shoe paint. Yes, you've heard right, paint made especially for your footwear.

After analyzing the numerous holes in my 4-year old running shoes, it became apparent that I could no longer use them. I made a leap and went to a REAL running store, with REAL running stuff, for REAL runners. It was enthralling. They watched me run around the store (a little awkward, but nevertheless fun) and a little to my dismay,I was told I have an "over-pronating gate". But fear not my friends, they do in fact have special shoes to fix this problem, and 1 hour and 20 pairs of shoes later, I was handed a pair of deliciously comfortable Sauconys. I'll admit I'm not really up to speed with all the medical "pronation" jargon, all I know is two things: 1. These shoes feel better than butter and 2. They are boooooring. In a REAL running store you are not allowed to complain about the color of your shoes and I obeyed this rule to a tee, but when they handed me these, my heart was slightly saddened:



I was after all, hoping for something a bit spunkier. So, what did I do? I went home and began some internet-style research. After discovering the wonderful paint I invested in every color of the rainbow. In the end, me plus a lot of paint and a not-so-exciting pair of shoes equaled this:



Yes, I got a little carried away, but in all honesty I wasn't really going for "cute", but more along the lines of "what on earth does that girl have on her feet?" Nothing makes me happier than putting these babies on and taking them for a stroll around the neighborhood. So, in summary: If you hate your daily (or sometimes monthly, in my case) workout, go buy a neon green swimsuit with gold polka dots, or spray paint your bike hot pink and sprinkle glitter on the wheels. Maybe even write your favorite words all over it. It is then that you will begin to look forward to your time together.

(thanks for the photos Ryan!)

14 comments:

Heather said...

Kristen,
Those shoes are the most freakin' AMAZING things I've ever seen in my entire life!! Someday, when I start to love running, will you make a pair for me!! :)

megan said...

You're amazing! Those are rad shoes girl! You gotta show me those in person. you're right, boring shoes suck!

Mrs. James Quigley said...

Really? you painted your shoes! So darling...I think you found your calling in life. I love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

hey wait,

Are they both painted or just one? talk about looking crazy.. it's like you have one evil foot...

kristen said...

only one is painted at the moment...but that is only due to the fact that they are HARD to paint, and I got tired...

tiff said...

Oh my dear you are my favorite. I was there through the whole painting process, and I must say the result is rather astonishing :)

Selva said...

wow very nice blog.Am searching one like this for my dance completion, i want to know weather this product belong to Joseph seibel product

Megan said...

This is Megan Harris. My roommates and I try and go run the canyon once or twice a week. We are all at different speeds so we start off together and then all end with-in 5-15mins of each other. The trial is beautiful and its just fun to have people to go with. let me know if you wanna go sometime... we don't go near as early as my crazy mother! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the shoes!!!

brogers7 said...

Where can you buy shoe paint?

vie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vie said...

go here:

http://www.caningshop.com/Merchant2/
merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_
Code=GRD-A2e

brogers7 said...

Thank you!

trainers shoes said...

i like that amazing shoes thanks for sharing that I will buy these shoes very soon

Chris said...

What type of paint is that? where did you get it?