January 28, 2008

gaagh!!


And here are my reasonings:

It's been a not so hot-shot day. For starters, I had an award-worthy dream of terror last night and for enders there are large balls of ice violently hurling themselves from the skies outside my window. For middlers, there are a chain of un-elatefying events, one of which just burnt my cookie.

I must start with an introductory explanation of sorts. When one logs onto his/her homepage at blogger (or "Dashboard" for those up to snuff here), and enters her/his "posting" field, this person is greeted with a plethora of helpful buttons (i.e. text color, text size, bold, center/justified text, picture posting, etc. etc. etc.) to aid in his/her endeavors to keep one's fellow earthmates abreast of current occurrences and thoughts. I recently discovered this significant ditty of information. It's true, I have not been blessed with those little thingies.

So you ask, "Dear Madam, how then have you been able to incorporate such elements of the craft into your blog without the use of said
buttons?" And I say to you dear peasants (which now is interchangeable with pheasants BTW...thanks Abbie), "I have indeed been schooling myself on the language of the HTML folk. I have spent hours (I thought everyone was doing it) gaining knowledge on things such as ">numbers fonts/blah blah /#<" and looking up embeded codes of photos, etc. so as to make the sight of my site more appealing to thine eye. In other words, you oweth me."

Upon discovery of this tragic news I immediately enlisted the help of a number of amigos and their numerous, varied computers to make sure that it wasn't simply a mac/my computer problem. It is not. *sigh* I am just curs-ed.

For all my non-bloggist peeps out there who just may not be able to grasp the pain of my useless hours lost...go cut off one of your fingers and you might start to get the idea.

I guess all that is left to do is just yell, "*&%#@$!!" into the blistery heavens. And then repent for the use of symboliseismic verbage.

2 comments:

kristen said...

"not been blessed with those little thingies"

does that sound dirty? my bad. :)

megan said...

Yes that does sound dirty and the fact that you just said "burnt my cookie" and spoke in Old English just made my day!