March 17, 2008

chickety china, the chinese chicken



Today at work I was watching the E! Channel.....guilty. When the "newscaster" if you can call him that, exclaimed with no interest whatsoever that Carrie Underwood was a server during college at...dun dun dun... Sam & Ella's Chicken Palace....I snorted one of those painful laugh snorts...the kind that usually seem to occur while you have water in your mouth or during a cough or sneeze, or cough/sneeze. Sometimes useful information is presented from the hour of 10 to 11 am, and today was no exception. When the elaborating elaborators did not care to elaborate, or even crack a smile for that matter, on this fact (Sam n' Ella), and considering these leeches elaborate on items of interest as incredulously insignificant as Paris Hilton's granny's hairdresser's niece's neighbor's new BFF's heinous (or heeeneeous if your name starts with Sh and ends with annon Muirhead)floral handbag, this one either flew right over their heads, or they've seriously underestimated the power of a good chicken palace.

Sam and Ella's Chicken Palace. Sam and Ella's Chicken Palace. Nope....not getting any better. Palace or not (although it is a nice touch), I still never want to visit you. But maybe that's just because I'm so in love with Mr. Edmond Coli's Beef Bistro. Mmmmmmmmm......

Also, before I close up the discussion on the news I'd like to throw in my two cents about the one exception to my usual loathing of good ole' fashioned gossip, and that is when these entertainment shows do stories about the "stupid-need-to-back-off paparazzi"...who are they. Or to say it more plainly...who they are. They are them. They are they. This seems to happen frequently and each time it does I want to yell at the screen, "Hey people! You doing this story is like me doing a story about how awesome people should stop being so awesome all the time!" Or to say it more plainly...I am awesome.

Peace.

2 comments:

Natalie Harris said...

Amen.
(And yes, I had a slight BLOG compulsion on Sunday due to the many days of no posting I am sure. Please forgive the irratic yet expected behavior.) Palm Tree.

megan said...

The way that ended made my freakin day chick.