May 22, 2008

fried hair and chicken


The most absurd ideas pass through my brain constantly. I can't seem to stop them and each time they leave I think, "Hmm, that is something I have never thought nor will ever likely think again." Today as I curled my hair, this one meandered through: "Wow, the outermost layer of my hair is just like pre-cooked chicken nuggets." It's true. Reasoning please? Okay. The top layer of hair on my head curls so much more quickly and nicely than those underneath and the only explanation I could come up with was that they have been fried more (from being colored) and therefore are like unto pre-fried frozen meat. They curl faster when they are fried by the iron, just as pre-cooked meat fries faster than raw when placed in the microwave. Kapish? (Also my hair was a tiny bit greasy today....but ssshhh, don't tell).

What are your random thoughts? Or is it just me?

2 comments:

megan said...

This morning I randomly wondered whether or not it would be acceptable to have 7 bridesmaids in my wedding. Am I engaged? No. Do I even have a boyfriend? No. I have a whole notebook of random thoughts so don't feel weird about yours.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!
i had never thought about that one!
A very original thought indeed!