May 8, 2008

shoot a pilot


My last post about our near and dear national airport system just reminded me of what may quite possibly be my favorite story of all time. Years ago (do I sound like I'm 82?) Well, back in the day when I was just a youngin'... my dad was traveling with a film crew during the production of a television show they were working on. You know how when you venture abroad the agent who checks your passport asks the purpose of your travel? Well, when a co-worker of his was asked this question he answered without too much thought (obviously), "We're going to shoot a pilot." Agent: "Excuse me?" Co-worker (slowly, and with added enunciation so as not to be mistaken again), "We are gooooing to shoot a piiiiilot." (Just in case you are not up to speed with film industry lingo... Shooting=Filming, Pilot= First episode of a television series). You can imagine how well that went over with the TSA, known for their loving gentleness.

2 comments:

AnneMarie said...

That is so funny! If he said that these days he would probably end up in some little room for days.

Anonymous said...

you are definitely on a patriot act list for the title of this entry.