May 11, 2008

pray for my lungs...yes you

Okay fine, I do not have lung cancer but I seem to have contracted the second worst thing. It's diagnosed as "I signed up for a marathon and I run akin to the strides of young Forrest Gump." Well that's the medical term anyway. But really... a mile's pushing it. Pretty hard. Let me be clear...in the story of the Tortoise and the Hare, I am the slug slash monkey. The slunky. You know, the character that is slower than the tortoise, but has a worse sense of direction and shorter attention span than the hare? The one who decides she is a runner, goes a few steps, but then sees a banana and finds herself so delighted in her new discovery that she forgets she should be running. Or wait, was she?

Anyway, I don't know what spawned this new endeavor but it should be a laugh for all. Please, by all means, indulge yourself in my ridiculousness. Let's just call it a short bout of insanity...which I am really really REALLY excited about. And scared to the point of diarrhea. But maybe that's just the bananas.

BUT. At least I still have these treasures. (Although I never got around to painting the second one and it does seem to prompt unwanted stares and comments from strangers)

Please click here to meet my beautiful and talented running coach/cheerleader/amigo extraordinaire who is really just something else. She is hoping to break 4 hours. I'm aiming for under 6. Mostly because that is when they close the finish line and start dissembling the bleachers, and I'd really like to go ahead and finish with all structures in tact.

Hey. Did I mention I'm really excited?

Also, P.S. to dear Natalie, I love you for doing this (and some other reasons too). Do not panic. I am IN. Oh, and excited.

4 comments:

Emily ~ Lizzy said...

YOU CAN DO IT ! :D haha GO KRISTEN !

AnneMarie said...

Good luck! I stand in awe as I can't even run around the track behind Northridge even once!

tiff said...

i am praying. sincerely praying. hopefully your running partner this year is better than i was last year...

Heather said...

You continue to amaze me! You Muirheads never do anything half way - it's always all or nothing and you've picked the motherload. I hope you're out of the basement in time to run because I think you will have some enjoyable stories to share:)