June 8, 2008

the postal service(s)



Bless the Postal Services. Both the United States one and the musically inclined one. (click here then down arrow...you know the drill.)

I would like to publicly apologize to UPS for a certain occurrence that took place a few days ago and for all the resulting pain said situation may or may not have caused. This apology is especially intended for the woman with whom I engaged in an undisclosed number of rather heated phone conversations, the likes of which possibly (likely) led to a serious hive break out. My deepest to you Madam.

Dear UPS,

I am so very sorry that I put you through what some might call "an experience not unlike an un-novacained root canal" the other day by making you search for a package for a number of hours I would rather leave anonymous at this point. I am so very sorry indeed that even after I realized, midway through your search that UPS does not in fact stand for United (states) Postal Service, I was too embarrassed to admit my faults and let you stop searching. So on you hunted like noble....mountain men for the box that was on it's way to my doorstep via the other postal service, namely the real one. I have pride issues, for which I do apologize most sincerely. In my defense, I forgot to wear my CTR ring that day and one always needs a visual.

Yours Truly,
Me

P.S. So sorry.

17 comments:

AnneMarie said...

I too would have let them continue searching, too embarrassed to admit the truth! You are so funny!

Gene and Sheri Family said...

Sooooooo Funny! Oh boy, that gave me a good laugh...thanks for sharing! You are toooooo cute! :)

Michelle said...

Aren't you just so glad you have a blog at times like this?

Anonymous said...

Just for future reference, hon, the men (and women) in blue are the USPS and the boys (and girls) in brown are UPS.

kristen said...

yeah. trust me, i've got that down for life.

Anonymous said...

i was honestly going to stop reading half way thru to explain the difference. Glad i kept going

kristen said...

who is my neighbor?

megan said...

Oh my...this is why we are friends.

Anonymous said...

Who is your neighbor? Philosophers have been asking that question down through the ages, and I've got the answer! It's a person who lives near you, or at least your mom.

kristen said...

ooooh. a mystery. I like it.

kristen said...

If I guess who you are will you tell me? Or at least give me some clues?

Ashleigh said...

thanks. needed a good laugh after a long day and this hit the spot. it espcially made me laugh because i think that i just figured this one out about 3 years ago (after I graduated for grad school) and i was already responsible for life of a child. ansen reminds me often that he fears for our lives on a daily basis. (acutally i'm quite compentent, but where's the fun).

kristen said...

Are your initials S.N.?

Anonymous said...

So what if they are?

kristen said...

muahahaha! I am so good.

Anonymous said...

Never you mind the self-congratulations, missy, and just get back to blogging.

kristen said...

Deal (*pats herself on back*)