June 10, 2008

growing up is poop

I'm having a hard time deciding what to be when I grow up (also known as now). I realize this is something I should have had at least semi-planned out like 13 grades ago, but guess what? I didn't. Get over it Paco. Actually, I take it back. That statement is not entirely true. Here's a little tidbit I found this morning from first grade art class:
So, yes. I had dreams and plans. No, they did not so much work out for me as crash and burn. (Although I just want to say that had the fire of desire within me to be a BYU football player been kept aflame, I am fully confident I would be on the team right now.) Also, if anyone has any ideas as to what appears to be the filmer's beaver tail might be, I'm still working on it myself.

Since I feel like I'm going in a backwards direction, I've decided to float with the flow and solve this problem backwards-ly. Instead of drawing up continuous blanks when asked what I want to be, I'll go ahead and list the things I know I do not want to be and why. (And let's remember to not get offended if you are say, a plumber or lion tamer).

1. plumber-duh
2. artist- please refer to above depiction
3. manicurist-the sound of files makes me want to eat my own fingers
4. keeper of the dog- :) oh that's right, I'm Hi-larious.
5. eye doctor - eyes are gross and i'd rather not blind anyone
6. dentist- this noise: "bzweeeegaaakakakaa!!!"
7. nanny- kids are mean and know good pranks
8. hairstylist- people care more about their hair than their children.
9. contortionist - click here
10. teacher- see #7
11. lion tamer - head + body + still attached = super
12. flight attendant - have you honestly ever met a flight attendant who didn't give you the heeby jeebies?
13. chef - the 3 times I've attempted homemade macaroni and cheese, the result was this:

In case this Rembrandt leaves you unconvinced...for breakfast this morning I had "pancakes" - also known as "a piece of bread with syrup on top."

I'm striking out all over the place. Feel free to drop your suggestions in the comment box below.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad there's proof of you wanting to be a football player. how about parks and recreation?

kristen said...

how about a giant brown hat and little children pointing and laughing at you?

AnneMarie said...

I think you should be a writer of sorts, you're very good at it.

Gene and Sheri Family said...

What annemarie said!!!! PLEASE, just do it! :)

megan said...

Okay first of all, bread with syrup on top totally counts as a pancake and second I heard this really cool thing in Institute yesterday. The teacher was talking about deciding what to be when we grow up and said that someone once asked him what he thought about in the shower. The guy told him that whatever he found himself thinking about in the shower was something he should look into as a career. So, what do you think about in the shower?

kristen said...

I'll be honest. When I'm in the shower these are my thoughts, "Wow. Showering is quite possibly the most boring thing to do on planet earth. How can I get out of here faster?" Who wants to psychoanalyze that?