June 22, 2008

lazy sunday afternoon

Just the girls at home tonight spending a pleasant low-key evening together porch swinging, neighborhood strolling, speed scrabble-ing, and sweet tunes listening. I'd have to say the highlights included:

A) Waking up from a nap to this on the carpet:


Yes, you are looking at the longest word in the English language spelled out with scrabble letters and silently discarded. Oh the life of a 12 year old.

B) This crepe, which bore a striking resemblance to a certain recently erected Russian statue and left us all in fits of giggles.


C) The rule I invented during our plastic bag service project called "you have to wear your mistakes," which left me (zero errors) in fits of giggles and left the other two senoritas (muchos errors) with dirty looks directed at me. Mom ended up with a hula skirt, necklace, scarf, and (my personal favorite) native headdress of the Incas. Michelle's first bag left her with an interchangeable beard/hair piece. I think they were starting to feel bad about my amazing talent at crafting perfect bags, so to raise their self-esteem I donned a lovely oxygen tank nose tube. Don't worry, I totally pulled it off.

Some days just can't be beat.

6 comments:

susette said...

So I always am thinking to myself "Why doesn't Kristen ever post pictures of herself?" Are you camera shy? Just wondering.

AnneMarie said...

Ditto above, and while I was bored to death (my family only wanted to watch videos today), you were down a couple of blocks having fun... I should have gone for a walk to your house to say hello.

Michelle said...

I hate you Kristen!!! Take it off NOW! :'(

Linsay Jarvis said...

Where's the picture of the headdress? (sp)

vie said...

you love me michelle and can't deny it.

Yes, I am camera shy. I will perhaps put myself on the blog someday. And annemarie...you are welcome anytime! I didn't realize you lived so close!

Heather said...

You are brilliant! I love the whole wear-your-mistake rule. Maybe that could apply to other things besides plastic bags...And by the way, they don't have any more plastic bags to sell until they travel to Africa in October and pick some up. I will let you know when they arrive.